Thursday, August 23, 2012

A quick morning walk?


This morning I decided to go for a little walk. The little walk turned into a three our walk around the neighboring villages. As I started I saw a sign that said there was a rundweg, or a circular walking path. I thought why not. I had no idea it was going to be such a long walk. it might be worth mentioning here that all I had with me was my phone and ipod - no water, no money, no ID. The other stuff was fine to leave behind, but I would have liked the water.


I started off following path 6 which leads up to the school where Sam works. Before you get to the school there is a little research center for the students which I walked through and then took a different path toward a little town. Turns out this town is Altirding (old Irding), and I was on path 3. I had debated if I was going to talk path 3 or 6, so now that I was on 3 I decided it was a sign it was the path I should take. I will probably take the other another day, when I am more prepared.

Barn in Altirding,
I like the detailing of the fan.

Path 3 was called Heiligenbrunn (holy well, I think), and it took me through Altirding and into the forest. After a little walk through the woods I found a little pray chapel with a fountain and some benches. There was also another path that started there and let up a little further into the woods. I thought about taking it, but decided to save it for another day. I continued walking along the trail until I came to a road. I wasn't quite sure where the path went from there, but there was a meadow across the road with a road that lead back into it. I decided to see where that took me. I got lucky and was right, I was still on path 3.




Can you see the path there?
The road took me to the river where it turned having me walk through the field and along the river. After a while I came to a little picnic table and another road. There wasn't any signs telling me I should turn so I just kept walking along the river. I walked for quite some time when I came to a seemingly dead end. I could however see a narrow path through the flowery bushes, that was definitely human so I decided to see where it went. Oh and at this point I was very happy I had worn long pants.

The bushes lead me right to the river and there was a little bit of rocky shore to walk along. I thought this is awfully pretty, and I am glad the water isn't higher, but I am not sure I am on the right path anymore. I walked as far as I could- aka about 100 yards- there wasn't a way to get back up to the field, so I turned around and walked back, very carefully with my arms above my head. That is how narrow this path was. I think the path I saw was a fisherman's trail. If I had waders and some gear with me we would have been eating fish for dinner.




I walked along the edge of the field looking for where this path was supposed to go and how it was supposed to get me back to Irding. Eventually I came back to the road by the picnic table, just a bit further down. Turns out I was supposed to take that road. I walked along a couple of other fields until I reach a round about. I crossed over and headed down a biking path toward Irding. I never saw anymore signs telling me I was on the right path, but I made it home. There are lots of different paths in the area, so I think I will be doing a bit more walking in the mornings.






1 comment: