Thursday, April 5, 2012

Some observations

One of my curses as a writer is how slow I think. At least that is my excuse. I will "think" about something for an extended period of time, which really means occasionally actively thinking about what I will write, but mostly continually reminding myself I need to write something. When it gets to crunch time I will sit down and actually write more than a few sentences or disjointed thoughts, and come up with something decent. So that is my excuse for not having posted more frequently. If I were to really think about the truth of it. If I don't tell myself I am going to write about this at this time, I just wont do it. So with that in mind I am giving you all a deadline for my next blog. I will post my next Saturday :) Hopefully that works. 

I have spent almost two months now in Germany. Two months!!! Oh the time has gone too fast...  Anyways, for the most part life is the same. I wake up go to school, come home to do homework and chores, and then go to bed. I haven't done any traveling yet, but plan to this weekend and next week. However occasionally I see something or we do something that reminds me I am not in the states anymore. I know I have talked about a few of them already, but I thought I might share a few others. 

One of the first things we notice when we got here was the size of the cars. Here are pictures of Ben and Iris's cars:  Ben's car would be a mid-sized, and Iris's is small, but a very common size. There are bigger cars, Ben's parents is a four door and bigger than the most we have seen, but not the biggest. Where the cars are smaller it is natural that the parking spaces and garages are going to be smaller as well. And they are, they are very small. 

Another thing is the old ladies' hair. Yes of course that is something I would notice. Like in the states, most of the older ladies wear their hair short, but here they color their hair the same way a teenager would in the states. The other day, I wish I had a picture of it, I saw a lady with purple hair and pink highlights! I am not making this up. I would just say, oh she is a little eccentric and leave it at that, if I didn't see others with "abnormal" hair colors. One lady, and I actually liked this look, but didn't really think it was age appropriate, either left her hair white or bleached it platinum and then had a wide red streak in her bangs. I have seen a lot of different versions of funky hair colors. I will have to remember to take some pictures for you all. 

Sorry this post is sort of random. I will work on another for next week. My travels will help with that. But please enjoy the very cheesy video of a parking garage! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment