Thursday, April 12, 2012

What a crazy week!


Chris and I on our way to Trier. My very first train ride!
Awesome graffiti in Trier
I promised I would have a new post by Saturday, and boy do I have things to talk about.

A fountain in the Palace garden
Courtyard between the Dom and Liebefraunen Kirche




The trip to Trier was fantastic! It was like we were on a private tour of the town, and it really is a beautiful city. It would have been nice to spend another day looking at the rest of the town and spending more time with my new,  Chris's old, friends.

The group, minus me, out side the Basilika
The whole group in font of the Porta Nigra
 I will be writing a blog this up coming week devoted to Trier. :) Oh and I will have a video too, but in the meantime here are a few pictures.
The first thing you see walking into the Liebefrauen Kirche


When I checked my email after getting home from Trier, I had an email from the American Austrian Education Commission... I GOT THE SCHOLARSHIP!!! I am moving to Austria this fall for a year. Out of all the different applicants I was chosen to teach English to Austrian middle schoolers.
Kaiser Thermine

 I am super honored. I will technically be a teaching assistant, but from what I understand I will be doing a lot of teaching. I have three schools in Bad Aussee, I will be working in. It is a small rural town in the mountains!

Glockenspiel in Munich
 All I need to do now is, well a lot, but first I need to make sure I will be a college graduate by August 15th at the latest. I think I can make it happen! I will be filling you all in more on this very exciting development as well. Lots to do, and lots of decisions to make. One of the biggest is if I should or can afford to go back to the states for a month before I head off to Austria. 


A little waterfall on the way down from Neuschwanstein
Just after I got that super exciting news we all, Ben, Iris, Chris, and I, headed off to München (Munich). Let me tell you being a tourist is a lot of work! Lots and lots and lots of walking. The three days were wonderful, and of course I wish we had another day or two to spend looking at the sites and museums and things. I think that is always going to be the way things are.
looking good girl!


It so beautiful it looks fake!
 I am always going to want to spend more time, seeing more things. But on the upside München isn't very far from Bad Aussee, so it will be easy for me to go back. :) I will be dedicating at least one post to München as well soon. I have lots of videos to work on and posts to write... Till then...

Chinese tower in the English gardens
One night at dinner

Hofbräuhaus



The face of Chris in front of his favorite Castle...?




Hornschwangau
Neuschwanstein



No comments:

Post a Comment